Why join to TMM?
TMM connects member businesses to develop products exchanges that reduce companies’ costs and promote the efficient use of materials. The platform puts circular economy principles into practice.
Generating Business Opportunities
- Access an online commercial platform to advertise both available and desired materials to exchange
- Decrease your dependence on virgin resources
- Reduce your amount of waste
- Buy by-products to be used as alternatives to virgin raw material inputs
- Save on your disposal costs and even increase your revenues by recycling and reusing
- Save on your transportation costs by cooperating with facilities closeby
- Marketplace participants benefit from significant economic savings by sourcing cheaper feedstocks from both industrial by-products and post-consumer recycled materials.
- On the flipside, businesses using the marketplace to find outlets for their by-products and waste materials are able to avoid costly landfill tipping fees and waste hauling services.
- Many businesses participating in Materials Marketplace projects are able to generate a significant amount of revenue from recycling and reuse. General Motors (GM), for example, has generated nearly $1 billion in revenue in recent years through reuse and recycling of its by-products.
Increasing Corporate Reputation and Competitiveness
- Develop a competitive approach in resource management
Reduce CO2 emissions by using secondary raw materials
Strengthen corporate reputation by standing out in your sector
Economic Development Opportunities
- Globally, the transition to a circular economy is a trillion dollar business opportunity, with the potential to create 100,000 new jobs by 2019. (Ellen MacArthur Foundation, 2014).
- The Materials Marketplace - which received the 2015 Gold Excellence Award from the International Economic Development Council - can help bring these circular economy opportunities to Turkey.
- Innovative new economic development programming can also be integrated into the project, helping inspire and enable entrepreneurs to create reuse and remanufacturing businesses.
Cooperating with the EBRD
Apply to benefit from free support from Turkish technical consultants
- Develop an investment plan and discuss funding opportunities with the Bank
- The Circular Vouchers are funded by the European Union (EU)’s Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) 2013, in order to support energy and resource efficiency in Turkey.
Networking and Access to Business Cases
Find information on best practices in materials management and up-to-date research through the TMM website, social media and periodic workshops
- Meet other Turkish companies that are also committed to implementing cutting-edge sustainability practices
- Collaborate with your local public bodies, by helping to update the legislative framework in Turkey to further enable the use of secondary raw material
Materials Marketplace activities have the potential to trigger a number of key reporting indicators for your business, especially around the use of recycled input materials, energy conservation measures, total weight diversion, and initiatives to mitigate impacts of products or services.
- Environmental impact metrics are calculated and reported by the project team at the conclusion of each transaction.
- In Turkey, according to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, industrial processes and the waste sector accounted for 14.27 percent and 8.23 percent of total GHG emissions in 2012, respectively. A circular market focus in these two sectors in Turkey can help:
- Remove barriers to improved waste and materials management; and
- Help industry achieve greater resource efficiency and subsequently lower GHG emissions.